Thursday, December 15, 2011

Citizen Kane

Although it rated as one of the best films ever, I have to say it was very weird. Weird but unique.

The main thing that caught my attention was the teqniques used to capture everything. The use of a subjective camera and high contrast lighting gave this film a very unique feel to it. Another thing I found interesting was how the characters aged, showing that a large amount of time had passed. I can easily see why this film is rated as one of the best in terms of  cinematography.

One thing that did confuse me a little was Orson Welles use of flash back and flash forwards. I found myself stumbling around trying to figure out when and who we were focused on. This is one of those films for me that I will have to watch again just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time. I enjoyed this film over all, and even acquired great ideas and techniques for my future projects.


R O S E B U D!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment